St Michael's, Horton| Home Page |
| Contact Us | | Services | | Churchyard | | Travelling Home | | Weddings | | History | | Community |
|| Site & Setting | | The Building | | Restoration | | The Churchyard ||
|| General description | | Glass | | Other ||
History - The Building - Glass
Most of the painted glass dates from 1880-1905 and is by C E Kempe. His wheatsheaf trademark can be seen in two of the chancel windows.
The three East Chancel wall lancets depict the three figures of the Crucifixion (The Virgin, Christ and St John) which were formerly shewn on mediaeval roodscreens. Each lancet also shows a poet in its lower part: